The Technical Section was formed in 1994 to provide safe, adventurous, extended range diving for those members with suitable experience and equipment such as rebreathers and twinsets
Around the same time the Club was purchasing a static compressor and air bank, so it was decided to incorporate facilities to blend gases into the overall plan.
An Oxygen booster pump and distribution panel were installed using the most up-to-date technology available.
Any Member can join the Technical Section, at extra charge to cover gas expense, provided they meet the following entry criteria:-
- Full, or Dual membership of Castlereagh Sub-Aqua Club.
- Minimum grade of “Ocean Diver”.
- Have a minimum of a BSAC or TDI “Basic Nitrox” certificate.
- While not essential for Nitrox, prospective members are encouraged to obtain a BSAC or TDI “Blender” certificate.
- Minimum grade of “Advanced Diver”.
- Have a BSAC or TDI “Blender” certificate.