Benefits of Membership
By joining a BSAC club, you will get all the advantages of learning and diving in a vibrant club atmosphere with the added benefits of social activities and ongoing training and support close to the centre of Belfast. As club member you are also entitled to the full range of membership benefits. Already qualified divers from any agency are always welcome to join us.
- Full Membership of Castlereagh SAC
- Full membership of the British Sub-Aqua Club
- Monthly BSAC magazine “Scuba”
- Full 3rd party insurance cover (pool and open water)
- Full theory and practical training to Dive Leader & beyond.
- Training Manuals (not beyond Dive Leader), Student Workbooks and Logbook.
- Use of pool and free compressed air.
- The use of training equipment – Buoyancy Jackets, cylinders & breathing apparatus.
- The use of the Club Rooms for theory training and social activities.
- BSAC diving qualifications recognised all over the world
We have ten full sets of our own training equipment, so you’ll not need to buy or hire anything during your training. Although once you have settled in you should think about gathering together some equipment little by little.
We not only train you but also organize weekly dives at local sites, and at holiday periods we run trips to destinations further a-field. On the social side there are get-togethers at events such as fund raising nights, annual dinners etc. We also meet every Thursday evening at our clubhouse.
Further Your Training
As well as joining in our Club activities, there will be opportunities to broaden your diving experience by going on specialist courses such as – Boat Handling; Search and Recovery; Navigation and Chartwork; First Aid; Underwater Photography and many more.